Saturday, February 9, 2013

Money, time, and organizational savings

As I was adding my "Coke Rewards" points into my account this morning, I got to looking at all my school collections items and thought I would share this. My sons' schools collect all the food labels, milk tops, etc for extra supplies. It became overwhelming to keep track of all the small tokens. I have a small wall space tucked away behind some cupboards so I decided to use this as my collection area. I use push pins and sandwich bags to hang on the wall. After finishing, opening, cutting, etc each savable item I place it in the appropriate bag. After I have a full bag, I send it to school with one of the boys. This works out great when Grandma sends more in the mail as well! Remember every dime counts when everyone's dimes are counted together!! Don't forget that many schools have an inkjet cartridge recycling program that earns them money too! If you don't use your "Coke Rewards" donate them to your local school, if they don't have a program, email the principal to get one. Every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment